Undivided India
Please log in members .Foreign delegates move to the Foreign department.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undivided India
Please log in members .Foreign delegates move to the Foreign department.
Undivided India
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GETTIN OR PRIORITIES RIGHT !!

+5
tripunithura
Dreamed1984
Admin
Panjabi Nations
incredible indians
9 posters

Go down

GETTIN OR PRIORITIES RIGHT !! Empty GETTIN OR PRIORITIES RIGHT !!

Post  incredible indians Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:02 pm

Guys it is almost abt a month since we formed a new region , we are 36 members ,that does mean that r a relatively large region , much larger than we were in india.But still our regional power continues to be low , as far as i can see d logic behind increasing the regional power in ns , it is only by participating and having a say on the international scale and wa is d only medium in ns that provides this 2 us . It is rather shocking to see that we have only abt 30% of our members in wa , i don't see our regional power increasing even a little bit in d near future even if we have 100 members . I really can't comprehend ur thinking of increasing ui's power without joining the wa . Whether it is a passing of a resolution or commending- condemning a region or a ruler , these are international matters and a region can only grow stronger if it has a larger n more powerful say on int. matters . Living in defiance of the world and only being active on d forums is not a solution . Have a look at usa in d real stage , it is considered a superpower n y is dat so ? it is because they have a larger and more powerful say on all kinds of global matters , a decision that is adopted even by their allies . Living in denial of the world will put us in a stage where north korea , somalia or iran currently is . WE NEED TO GET OUR PRIORITIES RIGHT , SEEING THE CURRENT STATE OF THE FORUM DISGUSTS ME , WHERE ANY STUPID MATTER IS DISCUSSED , AND NO REAL PIVOTAL ISSUE TO THE REGION IS SIDELINED . THE FOCUS HAS COMPLETELY BEEN MADE ON RATHER SECONDARY ISSUES LIKE A FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT BEING CURRENTLY ORGANISED , FURTHER HAVING HOSTAGE RIGHTS AND RESULTS ON REPUTATION AND RANKS IS ABSOLUTELY STUPID , THIS IS ONLY GONNA ENSURE THAT TEAMS WHO WANT TO WIN OR STAGE THE TOURNAMENT WILL SPAM THE FORUM WITH TOPICS , IMP OR NOT JUST TO INCREASE THEIR REPUTATION . THE FORUM IS A COMPLETE MESS , ALSO HAVING POSTS LIKE EXTERNAL AFFAIRS AND INTERNAL AFFAIRS ARE INDEED USELESS THE PRIME MINISTER SOLELY CAN TAKE CARE OF ALL THESE ISSUES . I BELIEVE THAT EVERY MEMBER OF THE REGION HAS EQUAL AMT OF POWER WITH HIM , ANY INDIVIDUAL SHOULD BE GIVEN D POWER TO ENGAGE IN DIALOGUE WITH ANY REGION FOR FORMING AN ALLIANCE FOR THE BENEFIT OF UI . THE FORUMS SHOULD BE USED ONLY FOR DEBATING ON WA ISSUES AND A MEMBER CAN PUT IN HIS PETITION STATING THE PROS AND CONS OF HAVING AL ALLIANCE WITH THR REGION WHOM HE HAS NEGOTIATED WITH AND ONLY FOR THAT AND NOT FOR COMPLETELY SECONDARY ISSUES LIKE FOOTBALL TOURNAMENTS AND THE CONSTITUTION . WE ALL ARE HERE ONLY AND SOLELY FOR THE BENEFIT OF INDIA , IT IS RATHER IMPLIED . THE EARLIER FORUM WAS MUCH BETTER WHR TRIPS GOT 2 OUR NOTICE THE DOMINION ISSUE AND WITHIN 2 WKS OR SO OF INTENSE NEGOTIATION AND DEBATE A NEW REGION WAS FORMED , THE FORUM THEN WAS ONLY USED FOR DISCUSSING IMP MATTERS , THIS DOES NOT SEEM 2 BE D CASE NOW , WHR THR IS UNNECESSARY SPAMMING OF POSTS IN D FORUMS . I'L AGAIN SAY GET YOUR PRIORITIES RIGHT , JOIN THE WA AND LET UI HAVE A SAY ON INT. MATTERS N CUBEZ I CAN' UNDERSTAND Y U AND D REST OF D MEMBERS HAVEN'T JOINED D WA . DON'T U GET IT THAT DATS D ONLY WAY OUR REGION CAN BECOME MORE POWEWRFUL N STRONGER , INSTEAD OF POSTING STUPID THINGS ON D FORUM TRY N GET UR PRIORITIES CORRECT AND GET THE FORUM IN ORDER . I WOULD REQUEST THE SENIOR AND MORE EXPERIENCED PLAYERS LIKE SONNVELD , DASHY , TRIPS , ARTHAVASTA N PANJABI NATIONS TO TAKE CHARGE N START SOME MEANINGFUL THINGS ON D FORUM AND ON D HQ

incredible indians

Back to top Go down

GETTIN OR PRIORITIES RIGHT !! Empty Re: GETTIN OR PRIORITIES RIGHT !!

Post  incredible indians Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:09 pm

n guys i would like 2 know what u feel not only abt the wat currently d forums are run but also on issues like joining the wa and giving all it;'s members the soverignity of engaging in dialogue with other regions . I feel that instead of 6-7 members engaging , if the 36 of us do it then that would help in faster growth of our region

incredible indians

Back to top Go down

Post  Panjabi Nations Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:09 pm

giving every nation the power to be official representatives of UI and negotiate alliances is out of the question in my opinion. i do agree with your point that more nations here should join the World Assembly, at least to increase our overall regional power.

your comments about the forum seem misguided to me as well. i agree that it could be organized better, but thats something that can be fixed. as for our priorities, i think the football league is a great tool to increase participation and activity in the region. politics is not everything in life.

ive had experience being the founder of a region, the WA delegate of a region, and the foreign minister of a region. so ive seen the politics of NationStates play out both domestically and on the world stage. there is nothing wrong with this region. it is still young, and we have many experienced nations here who are actively building an identity for Undivided India. yes, we should begin discussing and sharing ideas to build this region, but there's no need for a rant like that.
Panjabi Nations
Panjabi Nations

Back to top Go down

GETTIN OR PRIORITIES RIGHT !! Empty II

Post  Admin Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:14 pm

II u re an experienced nation and being the WA delegate u know politics better than me
But tell me on thing does international reputation presence means everything or a mixture of that as well as some fun.
I hope u have heard the All work and no play makes JACK a dull boy.

Only politics does not serve purpose.If it was then the craze around Fifa worldcup would not have been there and no nations would have been having competitions for getting it.

Prioritis are not set like that.It depends upon any individual.You cannot throw something and ask to obey that and comment like sports being a secondary activity.

I believe the most important thing is participation and involvement and an organise form of international participation.I believe You are lacking behind tht becoz u have not even fill up the basic details for the forum WELCOMING MEMBERS.
You have also not participated in debate.You have come sometimes and have commented and has move on.Thts not fair.
We are interested in international politics too and even have discussed on tht.But as ur concentration has been on criticising sports So priority disbalance has occured in your case.Rectifiction is called for on ur part.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://undividedindia.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamed1984 Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:22 pm

II
ur comments are uncalled for and it has stated tht we cannot judge things Is tht wht u want to say?
Its a new region We are building new things.I like the forum.Sports is something I can die for.Politics is a SHIT.Hear me SHIT
If I am liking it whts ur problem.Yes we will do international politics but slowly not like u.We are the tortoise not some silly rabbits.
What have u done except for voting?
Have u brought any new members ?I have moved to three regions and is trying for alliance.But your comment on sports is silly.Take it back.Act like a responsible member.Just discussing politics does not satisfy me

Dreamed1984

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamed1984 Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:24 pm

And for ur information reputation is being moved from to aleague system.If u are enjoying sports whts ur problem?
What a Face

Dreamed1984

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamed1984 Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:25 pm

II comment are uncalled for.I ask II to rectify it.Or else I will participate in WA but not take II as our WA delegate.

Dreamed1984

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamed1984 Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:26 pm

II u havenot even voted on three resolution in WA assembly.Set ur prioritis right. bounce

Dreamed1984

Back to top Go down

Post  tripunithura Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:27 pm

I agree wholeheartedly with Incredible Indians. I thought Undivided India would be a serious region, created for NationStates. However the forum has gone too much into trivialities that we forgot the essential stuff.
I admit, I have some blame to take too, for introducing the concept of role play here. However I never meant the government of India to be a role play! Role Playing should be limited to one section. The Government must actually be to govern Indian on NationStates basis.

With regard to the Parliament as conceptualized right now, what is the relevance of Minister of Opposition? What is the relevance of Ministries of Sports and Culture? How and when do sports or culture be a factor of NationStates?

This is a game that depends on the time played, position on issues, and international relations. There is no point in having useless rhetoric if we do not have an idea of what NationStates really is.

It is truly a sad state of affairs when Sports get more attention than External Affairs. How many of you had followed my suggestion to try out IRC? Also we do not need an "External Affairs Minister" to conduct talks with another region. The elected PM has the full rights to do that.

I apologize if this seems like a rant, but this is one reason why I have avoided the forum for some time. If the focus of this region is to be on banalities, I would much rather be left alone. I might just take my stand on issues, browse the BB once in a while and that is it.

Sorry.

tripunithura

http://www.cochin.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Post  incredible indians Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:04 pm

guys !! plz don't take my words as a rant or as a sign of defiance , i am just trying 2 express my views . Firstly , panjabi nations , i have never advocated giving every person in ui d power for negotiations .My point was that instead of 5-6 elected representatives going out for talks , why don't all d members be proactive enough in engage in dialogue with other regions , not only will it give a sense of belongingness 2 d region n also help in faster growth of d region . it will put all doubts 2 rest abt ppl like delegate , founder or pm misusing power,the forum can be used by us for negotiating d pros and cons of d alliance , whr maybe through a voting process we can decide to go ahead or not with a 51% majority , that will be a parliament in d true sense . I am not against d football thing , but i believe that for a new region like us , dat should not be our top priority . I sincerely do appreciate d efforts made 2 make d forum active , but we should channelise our enegies in d right direction which is not what i believe is actually going on in d forum . The wa part i believe was interpreted in d right sense by all so i don't think thr is any need to clarify anything abt dat n dreamer i hope you have got ur eyesight checked bcoz i have voted on each n every proposal since i v become a member here on ns

incredible indians

Back to top Go down

Post  incredible indians Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:11 pm

n dreamed you have just joined d game so perhaps u would not be knowing about the circumstances under which ui was formed . Secondly , if u believe that i have not voted for d past 3 wa proposals then do have an eyesight checkup n also have a look at ur region , u haven't been active for d past 16 days (it states on ur ns page ) . If u think that constantly chattering away on d forum will do something then i feel u r sadly mistaken , u v been active n i appreciate dat but also spare some time for ur nation and ur region which has been left inactive for d past 16 days . Instead of these hate msgs , try n see d brighter side of things instead calling me a silly rabbit . i do appreciate all d activity on d forums n i believe it should go on , what i also think is giving some space in d forums for some region related activity too

incredible indians

Back to top Go down

Post  Indois Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:30 pm

Having read through your opinion, II, I cant help but say that whatever's happening here is happening because we want this to happen.

To elaborate, Whatever we have been doing here is far from being just fun. Undivided India and the forum is doing nothing which the majority of the participants here do not like to do ! The Activities, the role play, the Government , the Election was all planned collectively by all the nations who did actually take this seriously enough ! I don't see how the path ahead is any different.

Talking of priorities, no one set priorities in the first place. Personally, I would be delighted if you did them now ! I might also add here that your participation in the forum or rather the lack of it was a bit concerning during the initial days of Undivided India !

We all have opinions. Everybody's opinion is sought before any motion. And the opinion sought is sought within the limitations of time. Respecting these limitations and also the limitations of inexperience running wide, and the lack of seriousness among many players , what we are doing can be deemed to be Good Work.
Indois
Indois

Back to top Go down

Post  manumental Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:37 am

FINALLY - Some hard talks.

II, Trip - I agree with you to a certain extent.

Rest - I agree with you too! Let me explain my view.

Contrary to my population, I've been involved with Nationstates since 2005 - a fairly long time. I have a couple of 3 - 5 billion population nations, I'd rather not mention where (they've been planted for regional intelligence).

Now, roleplaying is good since it increases activity - I had decided that currently I didn't have time for RP. I took part in the RFC simply because it seemed not many other ppl would have. RP is not only fun, it increases activity IF THERE ARE ENOUGH TRUE MEMBERS IN THE REGION.

I agree that the core philosophy has to be membership of the WA - If Cubez was removed from it, it was only because of applying for WA membership through multiple nations and nothing else. I myself am a WA member, and have always urged the rest to be too.

The reason that we have 36 members and only 30% WA members, is because I think there are NUMEROUS dummy nations in UI. Which is why I had tabled a motion for COMPULSORY PUPPET REGISTRATION with the founder and the WA delegate. NOTHING EVER CAME OUT OF THIS.

I agree that elaborate governments (however cool and essential in roleplaying) need only be made if the CORE FUNDAMENTALS of region expansion, and power generation via WA membership are met.

I urge other nations to ensure that dummy registration is done, so atleast II gets a true figure of UI's WA representation and can approach TRUE non members to join and participate in the WA.

I am also cool with other nations playing their part in recruitment, as long as it is done in a mature manner....there is no point in continuously spamming India, or any other non feeder region as this will only lead to international complications.

Brothers who agree to this, gimme a hell yeah!

manumental

Back to top Go down

Post  Panjabi Nations Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:19 am

I have one puppet region here, Greater Panjab, who's motto is "Territory of the Panjabi Nations".. so no secrets there.. i plan on moving it though

you may be right about the fundemental structure of government.. many posts like "Internal Affairs Minister", "Sports and Culture Minister" are not neccessary in building a region into an international power.. however, if a region has numerous active members who want to participate regularly, an expanded government with divisions of power and responsibility gives more nations an opportunity to feel involved in the day-to-day functioning of the region.. of course, ultimate authority rests with the founder or WA delegate.. the game gives them that power.. but unless we are under extreme threat of invasion or other crisis, i dont see anything wrong with a reasonable division of powers among nations that actively want to be involved.. because there are 3 types of nations here.. those that want a powerful voice in government; those that may not be so politically involved regularly but still want to be involved in regional activities and discussion; and those that just dont participate regularly or at all.. so for the nations in the first group, there should be an opportunity for that nation to have an expanded role in the region.. and because we are an open democracy, nations in the 2nd group will still have the freedom to give their opinions, to participate in regional discussions and activities, and perhaps to run for an office if they wish..

you are correct, we need to set certain priorities.. things can be better organized.. but there is no fatal flaw in the system.. things just need to move a little bit faster as far as government building is concerned..
Panjabi Nations
Panjabi Nations

Back to top Go down

Post  SONNVELD Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:55 am

Dreamed1984 said:
Politics is a SHIT.Hear me SHIT

This manner of speaking runs against the charter of Undivided India, which states that all nations must exercise respect and uphold dignity by way of their words and actions. We are a civil people. We entreat you to refrain from the use of obscenities in the future. Anger and disappointment can be expressed without resorting to them.

II: We have recently appointed the honourable Dashy to the post of Minister of Recruitment. Let the man work.

And while sports is fun to talk about, it's not central to the running of the region, a job which falls to my office. I agree with II that there are more pressing matters than football uniforms. My office will be issuing a statement shortly; stayed tuned for that.
SONNVELD
SONNVELD

Back to top Go down

Post  Abhuland Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:29 am

why don't we have a area where we can discuss WA resolutions and propasals

Abhuland

Back to top Go down

Post  SONNVELD Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:49 pm

Abhuland wrote:why don't we have a area where we can discuss WA resolutions and propasals

Sonnveld agrees and would like to see this happen.

[OOC] Do I have the authority to open a topic of this sort or does that fall to the a.) WA Delegate , and/or b.) Recruitment Minister?

[IC]
Let me elucidate why I chose to open the Ministries of Sport and Culture.

My first priority as Prime Minister is to assure the good health of all citizens of Undivided India. Since athletics have been shown in the real world to have a positive effect on a given population's mental, emotional and physical health, we felt it was a prudent part of my platform. Major leagues are a good incentive to get involved in sporting on a local level; but in the grand tradition of NationStates, it had unintended consequences Neutral Those were — diving straight into a big development of national football teams, uniforms, opening a regional sporting venue and members bidding on same. Goodness knows, it's easy to get caught up; I did. I'm working on a uniform for the Sonnveld Black Wolves right now and was entertaining thoughts of a Quidditch pitch, a labyrinth and a dressage arena (where any rideable beast is allowed to compete, not just equines).

I see now that this was fairly frivolous to dive into. It would be better for each nation to decide on its own whether and which sporting activities are enjoyed by their populace and build up from there. We can also attend to the health of UI's citizens without going into a time- and attention-consuming foray into sports.

I'd like to share an experience with you: as some of you have noticed, I tend to nominate individual nations on their merits and strengths as opposed to political favouritism and nepotism. Dashy as Recruiter; Chandannagore as Foreign Relations (though I fear they may be another sock puppet, I've telegrammed them to let them know about the nomination and their NS page shows no activity in the past 18 days — since before this site went live). Indois to Internal Affairs.

While searching for a suitable nation to be Minister of Culture, I found that few nations in our region had much to commend them in the way of the arts; this of course can be swayed by Sonnveld's own laurels in the NS arts community. We've been commended several times for our level of culturization. But hey, you elected an artist to be Prime Minister, hooray! But this is India, not the Czech Republik. Most of the nations in our region are seriously into the military-industrial complex: guns, not paintbrushes. Trickeries — a Corrupt Dictatorship — was the only nation that applied for the post, for their own reasons. My pick was Indianns, who aren't even registered on this forum. No answer back when I telegrammed them. And so, the position went to Trickeries, regardless of my personal feelings.

Like sports, the arts isn't the meat of a nation or a region. I personally believe it's a peoples' soul, but we're still hammering out what our region is about. Let me reiterate my vision for Undivided India:

I want Undivided India to be the world benchmark for Health, Education, and Environmental Quality.

In game terms, #1 in the world in those three categories according to WA classifications shown on national and regional pages on the NS site. These are concrete goals that make sense in the overall game.

I'm opening a discussion in Parliament as to how we reach those goals. We see the stars, let us decide how to get there.
SONNVELD
SONNVELD

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum